Thursday 21 March 2013

Erdem S/S 13










 
 
As I was flicking through the pages of this month’s issue of ELLE magazine I came across the 'First Look' Section. Beneath the title of 'Pretty Subversive' there it was, a swatch of fabric from the garment in the first image of this post. Instantly I was taken with it, its candy sweet colour and the detailed delicacy of the lace with the free standing appliqué flowers, jumped off the page at me, taking me to some dream land. I was just as captivated by the other designs from Erdem's S/S 13 collection, with its pretty colour palette and transparent, feather light fabrics flowing over the more substantial material of the garment, which if not coloured in an equally sugary tone would give it a dull quality but rather it is enhanced in a hazy way adding to the concept of ethereality.

No comments:

Post a Comment